Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fried Fish Dinner

My Signature Meal

I do not remember when my fried fish and greens became my most requested dishes. I do know that feeding people good food is as important as any gesture of love and friendship. Knowing how to cook food that tastes well is something I learned to do at an early age.

When 10 years old, I learned to cook a dish my Aunt Bea referred to as cream potatoes. Not to be confused with mashed potatoes which are sometimes called cream potatoes. This dish was mearly boiled potatoes then be covered with a basic flour, butter and milk sauce.
This was my signature dish then and then it was the curry chicken and apples that ccaptured rave reviews from others.

Now it is the fried fish. In the photo I show a meal of fried talapia filets, steamed rice, collard greens and corn bread.

My Fish Fry the 2nd Wed in July is held every year. It's not too late to hold the date.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: